Membership is month-to-month and must be paid via auto debit. You will be automatically charged on the last day of each month for the following month.
Your membership level is established in anticipation of your estimated days of use of Coterie on a monthly basis. Full use of those hours is up to you. Coterie does not grant refunds for unused membership hours. Unused days for Part Time memberships can be rolled over into the following month for up to 3 months. Memberships cannot be shared with another person.
Should the collection of your payment be declined or not received by your billing date, you will have 5 days from the time of notice to reconcile the payment. If payment is not reconciled within this reasonable time frame, the payment is subject to an additional penalty fee of 15%.
Coterie does not require members to sign an annual contract, as many office spaces do. However, advanced notification of cancellation is required. Once we receive your written cancellation form, your membership will be set to end the last day of the following month; thus you will be charged for one additional billing cycle. Your final month of membership will NOT be prorated.
Member understands that COTERIE COMPANY is a tenant pursuant to the Master Lease with respect to the premises herein leased. A copy of the building rules and regulations are contained in the appendix. Member understands the occupancy of the premises is subject to, in addition to this agreement, the provisions of the master lease. Member will comply with all rules, regulations and requirements of the building in which the premises are located and with reasonable rules and regulations established by COTERIE Company and related to the premises and members use thereof. COTERIE Company will have no responsibility to Member for violation of any agreement provision or rules and regulations by any other Member of COTERIE. Termination of the Master Lease will terminate this membership and all COTERIE obligations hereunder.
Assignment and Subletting:
This Membership and the privileges it provides cannot be assigned without the prior written consent of COTERIE. Member may not permit use of the premises by any person other than the employees or independent contractors hired by Member without prior written consent of COTERIE.
Use of Services and Coterie Rules:
Member shall use the premises for general office purpose and for no other purpose without the prior written consent of COTERIE. Member agrees that it is the intent of COTERIE to provide a collaborative space for accomplished, like-minded entrepreneurial women. To that degree, following are guidelines for working within COTERIE. Should conflicts arise, we will provide an opportunity for Members to improve, however, COTERIE reserves the right to terminate any Membership for any reason, at any time, without notice.
Member shall use and maintain the Premises in a clean, careful, and safe manner and to comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, orders, rules, and regulations of all governmental bodies (state, federal and municipal). Member will not deface or injure the Premises or any part thereof or overload the floors of the Premises.
Coterie Rules – Member Agrees:
- Be respectful of others and treat others as Member would want to be treated.
- Avoid wasting resources & recycle whenever possible.
- Be kind to the machines + technology. If you need assistance, please ask.
- Take phone calls and conversations to a meeting room, private call suite, or other designated area.
- Treat the kitchen with respect. Leave it better than you found it, eat only what’s yours, and if you break something, please let the Community Director or a Concierge know.
- All COTERIE communities are non-smoking, inside and outside. There are no smoking areas on any premises. Any violation will result in termination.
- Each COTERIE Company location has unique features + offerings. Your Membership inclusions are based on the standards of the COTERIE brand, and may vary based on location.
Member will NOT engage in:
- Contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or similar behavior;
- Defaming, abusing, harassing, threatening or otherwise violating the legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of others;
- Posting, distributing or disseminating inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene indecent, unlawful information;
- Uploading, reproducing, using, performing or otherwise making available images, software or other material or information which infringes on another’s rights or is protected by intellectual property laws where Tenant doesn’t own or license such rights;
- Uploading or using files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any similar software or programs that may damage Landlord or another Tenants’ computers or property;
- Restricting or inhibiting another Tenant or guest from using and enjoying services;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party;
- Violating any applicable laws or regulations or creating a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
Through your Membership, you may be exposed to confidential information (such as business information, trade secrets, technology, customers and prospects), either by COTERIE COMPANY or other COTERIE Members that is confidential or proprietary in nature. You agree to keep confidential and not disclose or use confidential information. You agree that it remains the exclusive property of who disclosed and you do not acquire any rights to such confidential information.
Participation in Services:
You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that COTERIE does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
Disclaimer of Warranties:
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, COTERIE COMPANY provides the services “as is” and with all faults, and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also, there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk, as to the quality arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you.
Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages:
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall COTERIE COMPANY or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care), negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of COTERIE COMPANY, and even if COTERIE COMPANY has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability and Remedies:
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless COTERIE COMPANY and COTERIE COMPANY’s subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by COTERIE COMPANY or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
COTERIE COMPANY will carry Liability and Business Personal Property insurance. As a user, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space. That policy may cover your current residence/office, as well as the premises of COTERIE COMPANY.